Whether you are an executive director of a non-profit organization or a volunteer member of a non- profit board, Great Boards Plain and Simple helps you develop and maintain strong partnerships as senior leaders in your organization. Best-selling author Paula J. MacLean brings 35+ years experience as an executive director working with non-profit boards, board volunteer, human resource consultant and adult educator. Follow the tips and strategies on 60+ topics, arranged alphabetically for quick access.
• Creating strong board-staff relationships
• Clarifying board and executive director roles and responsibilities
• Conducting executive director performance appraisals
• Managing risk management and liability
• Recruiting new board members
• Creating or revising your Bylaws
• Managing meetings (motions, minutes, in-camera sessions)
• Facilitating strategic planning
• Creating productive committees.
Great Boards Plain and Simple is the only comprehensive guidebook written specifically for non-profit board of directors and senior managers who work with non-profit boards. A “not-for-profit book,” Great Boards is the best-selling book on non-profit governance in Canada. It has helped thousands of boards solve the real-life challenges faced by non-profit board leaders. Strategies are equally as applicable to non-profit organizations in the United States.
Readers call this book for non-profit organizations a “must-have resource” that answers “any question about working with or on a non profit board of directors”. It is an essential and “one-of-a-kind” book for non profit organizations leaders.
ISBN 09684430 3 6
368 pages Soft Cover; Coil bound; Third Printing 2007