Among the top books on performance management available today, From Hiring to Firing – A No-Nonsense Guide to Managing Employee Performance offers direct, how-to guidance on 60+ topics of things that challenge supervisors and managers.
Best-selling author, veteran manager and human resources consultant Paula J. MacLean teams up with nationally recognized employment lawyer Derek G. Redman to bring you strategies to prevent employee performance problems and sharpen your management skills. You will have the courage and confidence to meet the stickiest employee issues head-on.
From Hiring to Firing offers hundreds of tips to prevent and solve everyday employee performance issues, including:
• Dealing with attitude problems, tardiness, and poor morale
• Creating orientation programs and managing probationary periods
• Creating win-win approaches to conflict
• Using coaching to improve employee skill
• Giving constructive critical feedback
• Using progressive disciplinary process (verbal and written warnings)
• Knowing the law & avoiding wrongful dismissal lawsuits
• Conducting performance appraisals.
ISBN 09684430 5 2
218 pages; Soft Cover
From Hiring to Firing Table of Contents
From Hiring to Firing Sample