Following the Leader – Executive Succession for Your Nonprofit provides step-by-step guidance for executive directors (CEOs) and volunteer board members to fill the succession planning gap in your nonprofit organization. You will learn the keys to:
• Developing emergency and long term (planned departure) succession plans
• Creating strong internal leader development programs
• Managing the search, selection and contracting process
• Managing transitions of exiting and incoming executive directors
• Managing the “gnarly bits” such as the dismissal of an executive director and internal conflict
• Planning for smooth volunteer board leadership succession.
Following the Leader is the only Canadian publication specifically written for nonprofit organizations like yours. It provides perspectives and advice for board leaders and for departing and incoming executive directors. Included are the Voices of Experience of many current and former nonprofit executives who provide helpful and interesting advice on the succession planning and transition process.
Downloadable Tool Kit included.
288 pages – Soft Cover – October 2013